Write For Us
At Webtips, we publish in-depth tutorials related to frontend development. We believe in simplicity and that the web is easier to understand than most people believe.
We are always looking for great tutorials that help people better understand the world of web technologies. If you have something interesting to share, don’t hesitate to submit a draft using the form below!
Why Should I Contribute?
By publishing with Webtips, you will open your story to a whole new audience, while also gaining valuable insights into writing best practices. If your submission is accepted, we will promote your article to get the exposure it deserves. This means that we will:
- Promote your article on our social media platforms
- Share your story with our email list and followers
- Give you valuable feedback on how to craft engaging articles
- Feature your story on our home page
What Should I Write About?
We do not only accept articles strictly related to coding; we are also interested in the technical side of things. Do you write about optimization, performance, accessibility, or SEO? Share with us! As long as your content is related to frontend development, you can submit your work. Here are some inspirations for you to begin with.
When your submission is accepted, there are some things that we look for in your articles:
- Your article must be original and your own.
- Your article should have a compelling title and an optional subtitle. We recommend adding a subtitle for further clarification, but it is not mandatory.
- Your article’s read time should be at least 2 minutes long (~500 words).
- You should use short sentences and break down your article with subheadings. Also, include images if your article is long and requires in-depth explanations.
- When using images, include a caption to describe them.
- Try to include code snippets in your article wherever possible.
- If you are citing, please include links throughout your article to the original sources. Statistical statements should also be backed up by trustworthy sources.
- Please do not include a personal call to action, such as “subscribe to my newsletter” or “buy my course”. If you have outbound links to personal resources that add value, that is completely fine. We provide options for personal links on a dedicated authors page.
How Do I Submit?
You can submit your draft using our submission form below. Please provide only an outline with headings and a summary of what you aim to cover in each section. We don't expect you to submit a fully complete article upfront. Because of this, accepted submissions go through multiple rounds of review.
We will use your personal information (name, short bio, and profile picture) to set up your author page. If you are a returning author, please also follow the steps below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Unlimited access to hundred of tutorials
- Access to exclusive interactive lessons
- Remove ads to learn without distractions