What is the Event Loop?
- The stack: The order in which your code is being executed, is handled by the call stack. You can think of it as an array that holds a list of command on what to execute next.
- The task queue: Everything that is waiting to be executed is stored in the task queue. Such as a callback funcion from a
setTimeout. Until the task queue is empty again, the event loop will process the next message in the queue and puts it into the stack.
- Access exclusive interactive lessons
- Unlimited access to hundreds of tutorials
- Remove ads to learn without distractions